Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 26

       Almost made it with both of us staying healthy for a month. Not quite.  Last night after we got in, I had a big sneeze and told Dea “I think I’m getting a cold.”  This morning I knew it!
        We got a good start out of Munich after breakfast and headed for Dachau.  We arrived there a bit after 9 a.m., just after it opened.  I thought we might spend an hour or two there, but we were there almost 6 hours!  It is really horrible.  Lots of displays, but lots of horror at how people can be so cruel to other people.  Some of the displays are very graphic, and they have recreated one of the barracks and one of the crematories. 
            We stayed so long that we don’t really have time to see much if anything here in Regensberg.  We’ll see how it goes in the morning, but we also have the longest drive tomorrow. 
            This is a short blog, but I’ve probably run on too long on some of the other days.   The hotel restaurant is closed (Sunday) but there’s a restaurant close by, and we will probably walk over there for a bite to eat, then just take it easy tonight.  Might even watch the U.S. and Japan in the women’s world cup tonight!

1 comment:

  1. This soccer game was/is giving me a headache!! I thought we had it won but now who knows...overtime is nearly up. Yup! Now it goes to penalties! Time to go for icecream...I can't stand this!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete